Date: June 2017
Duration: 1 hour 51 minutes
Shareware & Junkware
Driver Update Programs
Computer Tuneup & Speed Programs
Uninstall Unused Software Carefully
This is a pre-recorded training video. You will be given access to view it in your Member Portal.
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 3 loyalty points. Your cart will total 3 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of $0.30.
In our June 2017 Computer Training Module we discuss: Software Best Practices
I’ll be going over the following items in detail.
1) Shareware and Junk ware. There are many kinds of software out there, most people are quite familiar with the term FREE. So we will mostly be talking about the types of software you can get access to for free on the internet. Some are completely free, some are free for a time period, while others are just free to bait you for something they really want you to pay for. I’ll alert you to many facets of this subject, and it should help you to get a better view of software you are getting from the internet, and how you can deal with some of the trickery that is going on in the software industry.
Junk ware is a term I use for useless programs that are installed on your computer. It’s very prevalent with name brand computers you purchase from a website, or at a store, and I’ll explain why some of it is junk, and later in the video show you how to remove it.
2) Toolbars. It's an old subject, but we still see it on your computers every day, so you need to hear why NOT using toolbars is important, how they get there, and what to do about them.
3) Driver update programs. Already mentioned in previous trainings this year, but I’ll show you first-hand what they look like, what they do, and don’t do, and discuss why we recommend not using them, and what to do if they are on your computer.
4) Tune-up and speed programs. Some work, some don’t, there are dangers and scheming you need to be aware of. I’ll be showing you some examples of this.
5) And finally, how to uninstall unused software carefully. This question comes up a lot. So I’ll go through every program installed on my computer, to show you how to figure out what they are, decide if you need it, or can remove it, then show you the ins and outs of removing software carefully.
It took me a while to put this month’s program together for you. The new video techniques I’m working on are a little delicate, but pretty cool, we hope you enjoy them. I do have some lighting issues I’m trying to resolve in my studio, so you’ll see some weird green screen effects I just couldn’t overcome. Not bad though, in fact most of you wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t mention it. But it is a big part of why I’m so late this month.
I do apologize for being this late in releasing the June training, but I’m sure you will appreciate the content presented this month.
It’s just under 2 hours of video and even though the subjects sound quite simple, we guarantee you will learn a few things that you may have never even thought of. I put a lot of emphasis in this segment about doing our best not to be victims of internet marketing. In other words, I’ll be showing you how to recognize many of the marketing ploys out there that really can cause you to throw your money away. You can look at this training as a money saving event!
Join us for this important segment in our 12 part computer training series.
RETURN POLICY: No returns will be accepted for training videos that have already been posted to your Member Portal.
Please be aware that your online access to watch the recording(s) will be made available through the Member Portal. We do have to manually add this to your personal Member Portal. It may take 24 business hours for the video to be added to your Member Portal. If you place your order after regular business hours or on the weekend you can expect the recording to be added to your Member Portal on the next business day. Our business hours are Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 7 PM Eastern Time.
Date: July 2017 Duration: 2 hours 11 minutes...
Date: March 2018Duration: 2 hours 13 minutes...
Date: February 2018Duration: 2 hours 42...
Date: July 2017 Duration: 1 Hour 48 Minutes...
Date: September 2017Duration: 2 Hour 39 Minutes...
Date: November 2017 Duration: 3 hours 55...
Date: October 2017 Duration: 2 Hour 51 Minutes...
Date: September 2017 Duration: 2 hours 18...
Date: May 2017Duration: 1 hour 49 minutes In...
Date: March 2017Duration: 1 hour 52...